Tom’s steps for residential home buyers
1. Getting to know you- We can discuss your new home goals by phone, text, email or in person. A “must have list” starts to take shape. We can target areas of interest and identify your requirements and briefly discuss financing, relocation, or selling your current home.
2. Thinking it over- I don’t do business in a high-pressure way; take some time and review incoming materials and I’ll be ready when you are ready. I am happy to tell you about communities I am familiar with or program a listing specific search. We can adjust how much data you want to see, and updates can be daily, weekly, monthly, or as soon as a home comes to market. While you become acclimated to the idea of what your next home may be like, I am here to answer any questions you may have.
3. Understanding Buyer Brokerage-When you engage a Realtor® as an agent, you have a professional advocate working on your behalf. I can offer you the benefit of business experience and training. As a Realtor® I have access to timely market information, can negotiate for your interest, reduce your stress and save you money.
Virginia Realtors should provide an agreement which contains a specific start date and end date for real estate services. This agreement can be for days or months, or even to see just one particular property. The length of the buyer agreement can be customized to your needs. The brokerage agreement outlines the terms of service. I can assist and represent you, protect your interest as a buyer broker; and I can even provide these services at no charge to you, the buyer!
4. Understanding the money- This step of lender pre-approval is critical. I can introduce you to one of my financial team members. Loan experts can inform and help you determine the right price range to use in our home search. We can begin by phone or in-person. Knowing how much you can spend is important. After this short step, we can avoid spending time on homes that don’t fit. Savvy sellers will not take an offer seriously unless it comes with some proof that the buyer is ready to buy.
5. The Search- This is the fun part. We get out and see properties. I will continue to send you material and updates, and you can also use my website tools to search online. I can use your feedback to refine and customize searches. Some homes may be perfect, and some will require some vision. I can help you see beyond unsightly conditions and perhaps use those issues as negotiating tools. I am a full-time Real Estate Agent, and ready to show houses to you. Using the SentriLock® system, I have access to thousands of available homes for sale.
6. Contract writing and representation- We find the right home, and now we are ready to set the process in motion. This is where a good agent really comes in handy. By making an offer in accordance with current market conditions, you stand a better chance of getting the best possible deal on the home you want. I will paint you in the best possible light, presenting details of the offer I perceive as valuable or noteworthy to the seller, strengthening the deal and assuring a timely closing. Good deals can be built on more than just the money.
7. Holding it together, and success- Once a contract to purchase has been accepted, there are still many steps where professional help will be valuable. Another team member is our settlement company. I recommend Cardinal Title. Thier competitive prices, experienced processors make them a perfect choice to settle your new home.
To put your mind at ease, I can provide a list of professional home inspectors, or services like HVAC services, flooring, paving, remolding or moving companies. I am here to help, before and after the purchase of your next home.
8. New Friends- In the end, my hope is for you to find happiness in your new home and I hope you can call upon me as a neighbor and friend when you need a hand.